Tuesday 30 April 2013

Floor plans

One thing we haven't really needed to do for this film is floor plans - most of the filming has been outside or in spaces where we've mainly used available light, and, particularly in the doctor's office, our storyboards have often been very similar, eliminating a lot of the use floor plans can have.

However, as cinematographer for my Drama project, I had to spend a lot of time debating how to film the project with my director. We used floor plans throughout the process of storyboarding, as it proved to be a very efficient way of explaining our different visions for each scene, and also helped our producer/storyboard artist to understand where we were both coming from.

The following pictures are taken from my blog for the Drama module:


This simple floor plan resulted in these much better drawings:



While I haven't used this method on the cinematography module, it is still something I learned during the module, and is a very important asset to the field of cinematography.

No comments:

Post a Comment