Tuesday 9 April 2013

Experimenting in the garden

Using the same technique (using the tripod itself as a counter-weight) as mentioned in my last post, I experimented with this 'makeshift Steadicam'.

I tested it out at different heights to see how a Steadicam can give different effects when used at different people's eyelevels, but the most fun result I got was when I flipped the whole thing upside-down and tried to see how it would look for a guinea pig trying to escape from owners that forget to feed it.

I rotated the video back using Premiere Pro.




Running around with a DSLR highlights one of the biggest problems with this type of camera - because of the rolling shutter effect, the video looks much shakier and more blurred than it ordinarily would (although, to be fair to the DSLR, this was also filmed with a shutter speed of 1/50, which gives much more motion blur than it would if it were doubled to 1/100).

No comments:

Post a Comment